Linux Data Gathering Script
QLogic Technical Support has a script that gathers a variety of information to help diagnose most Fibre Channel and iSCSI HBA issues
QLogic Technical Support has a script that gathers a variety of information to help diagnose most Fibre Channel and iSCSI HBA issues. For an exact listing of what is gathered please review the script.
In the attachment area below is a link to the script file that gathers the host and HBA information.
Set the correct permissions on the file.
# chmod +x qla_linux_info.sh
Execute the script file.
The script will tar/zip the results into a file in /tmp using the format hostname-yymmdd_hhmmss.tgz
Highlight the file, right click, and choose Save As.
The script above gathers the following system information: - OS name and version
- Manufacturer, System model, and type
- The number and type of processors
- The version and date of the system BIOS
- SCSI information - QLE10000 FCA information
- Fibre Channel information
- iSCSI information
- IP information
- Currently running processes
- Installed drivers
- System logs
- Module information for QLogic products
- Subsystem vendor ID information for QLogic products
Note: This script is for data gathering purposes only, it will not affect normal server operations.